This position serves as the centralized entry point and provides escalated troubleshooting for all technology related requests across the company and for clients. Your focus will be on taking calls, replying to email, managing tickets, and performing desk-side support.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as the primary interface for escalations from other end user support technicians.
- Provide technical assistance resolving IT-related problems.
- Prioritize daily workload and Service Desk requests according to policy and procedure.
- Devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Log customer information and follow requests through to completion, including accurate documentation within our ticketing system.
- Create and update knowledge base documentation for step-by-step instructions.
- Analyze customer calls and tickets to determine trends and recurring problems.
- Build sustainable relationships with stakeholders.
- Coordinate and perform hands-on solutions at the desktop and server level support tier.
- Research emerging end user support/Service desk products, services, tools, and practices.
- Make recommendations to improve overall efficiency of daily operational procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of core hardware and software standards as well as new technologies and applications.
- Participate in rotational “on-call” support.
• Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the
organization’s desired culture and values.
• Achieve and maintain assigned performance metrics.
• Train and mentor other technical staff as needed.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Associates degree in computer science, business, or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Experience with second line escalations in a fast-paced corporate enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Virtual environment within Microsoft Hyper-V, Azure and VMWare.
- Advanced knowledge of wireless infrastructure and remote device security tools.
- Experience with desktop hardware/software, third-party software/hardware applications, and home office configurations.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving complex PC and network problems.
- Able to identify patterns and investigate solutions.
- Experience with using ticket management tools and asset management systems.
- Strong customer-service skills and sense of urgency.
- Team player with an ability to work with accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.